Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cool Summer Chicken Wraps

I made this for a couple reasons. 1) I wanted to make hummus and needed a reason to use it 2.) It was hot and I didn't want to cook anything.  So out of desperation with a fussy (possibly teething) baby and a ever busy 2 year old I could make this in between the craziness of the day. We all loved it!

Ingredients
hummus either store bought or use this recipe
tortillas or "wraps"  I like the whole wheat kind but whatever you got is fine, burrito size works best
1 medium zuchinni, julienne
1 Red Bell pepper, julienne
about 1 breast of cooked, shredded chicken*


*I roasted a chicken earlier in the week and its great for using for several meals I usually can get 3 meals out of 1 chicken.

1. ) Heat tortilla/wrap on the stove until its warm to allow for easier folding so it won't break.
2.) spread about 2 tbsp hummus on the wrap
3.) put a handful of pepper, a handfull of zuchinni, and a small amount of chicken on the tortilla.
4.) Roll and fold burrito style, cut on the diagonal and serve.

Makes 4 Wraps (serves 1 dad, 1 mom, and 1 toddler) If you made a side dish it would be enough for 4 adults.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...