Sunday, August 29, 2010

Products I Love for My Kids Part 2

1.) Crane brand Cool Mist Humidifier


Crane Adorable 1 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier



This is one of those items that you know you will need but some how no one gets it for your baby shower.  Its not "gifty" enough or "cutesy" enough I guess.  But you will need it and when you do you will not want to have to go searching for one during cold season.

I have not tried out a bunch of these, just this one but I like it for several reasons.  1.) It is decorative (sort of) and cute.  2.) The trunk helps to direct the flow of the vapor. 3.) It is reasonably priced at around $35, in my opinion, for an item that will be used several times throughout the baby, toddler, and preschool years and maybe beyond.  Also, if you have a child with eczema or dry skin humidifiers are recommended and might be used for a whole season.

2.) A Basic Play Yard

Graco Pack n Play - Animal Time
I know there are AWESOME play yards with various features and attachments.  Here is the thing, I have huge kids.   All of those extra attachments would be useful for about 1-2 months for me.  Seeing that those ultra cool, decorative, battery powered playyards can run into the $200 range, while a basic one runs closer to $60-$70 I am saving over $100 by not getting all the fancy stuff.  Given that play yard sheets cost around $6-$10 bucks each as well (and I would make them if I had the time) the extra saved $ makes me feel less bad about buying a couple nice padded sheets that are super soft.

3.)Baby Medicine syringe.
 Baby Child Medicine Set spoon dropper syringe

This comes in a set but the syringe part is the best.   I don't know if this is the brand I get but I find mine at Walmart in the medical section near the thermometers.  Focus on the middle syringe and topper.  That bottle topper fits any sized medicine bottle and does double duty.  First, it makes for easy mess free measurements of the meds.  Second, and this is my favorite part, it allows you to get the meds out without sticking the dropper into the medicine bottle which contaminates the whole bottle with saliva or with whatever illness your baby has.  I want to get several of these syringes for the different types of meds my kids take so I don't have to deal with those dang droppers.  Also the syringe doesn't drip out the medicine like a dropper does so you have more control when getting it in a wiggling kid's mouth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...