Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Ricotta Pasta

I may/will tweek this recipe because I just did it and didn't measure anything.  I had about 2/3-3/4 a container of ricotta from another recipe I made.  I had a can of pumpkin in the pantry and I figured I could make a sauce out of it.  So I apologize if its not exact.  My advice would be to taste as you go and add a little at a time to suit your tastes.

Ingredients

1 lb pasta (I would suggest rigatoni, penne rigatte, fettuccine, or linguine but any will do)
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (using about 2/3 a can)
1 15 oz carton ricotta (using about 2/3 a carton)
1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp pepper
.5 tsp nutmeg
1.25 c milk

Mix it all in a sauce pan and let simmer for about 10 min.  Serve over pasta. Done :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...