Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Party Cupcakes

I made some cupcakes for my mother in law's birthday party this weekend.  I used the modification for 'The Perfect Cupcake Recipe (using a mix)"  and made a quick Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting. (For the frosting I used less butter in the mix but only 1.5 sticks rather than 2 whole sticks. I wouldn't go much less than that because it will change the consistency.)

After making a ridiculous mistake (not adding water) my cupcakes turned out disastrous.  The lesson: Don't bake while distracted by children.

Thanks to my brother running to the store for some replacement ingredients I was able to make another batch and they were really good.

After the cupcakes were cooled, I piped on the frosting using a 1M star tip and by starting in the middle and swirling it outward you get a flower/rose look to your frosting.  You can find some good general cupcake decorating tutorials HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...